Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 January 2012


Video  Reflection: 5

THE  SHAWSHANK  REDEMPTION
   
       I  wanted  to  share  The  Shawshank  Redemption  with  you  as  my  last  reflection  because  it  has  a  great  impact  on  me. I  watched  it  first  with  my  friends ‘  suggestion  and  I  realized  that  a  great  majority  of   the  films  I  have  watched  before  are  nonsense.
     
      Shortly, I want  to  give  some   information  about  the  context  of  the  film. The Shawshank Redemption  is  a  1994  American  drama  film  written  and  directed  by  Frank  Darabont and starring Tim Robbins  and  Morgan Freeman. Adapted from the Stephen King novel Rita  Hayworth  and  Shawshank  Redemption, the   film  tells  the  story  of  Andy  Dufresne, a banker who spends  nearly  two decades  in  Shawshank State  Prison  for  the  murder  of his wife  and  her  lover  despite  his  claims  of innocence. During  his  time  at  the  prison, he befriends a fellow inmate, Ellis Boyd "Red" Redding, and finds himself protected by the the  guards  after  the  warden  begins  using  him  in  his  money  laundering  operation. 
     As  I  mentioned  before ,it  has  a  deep  impact  on  me.Also,I  think,It  has  the  same  impact  on  a  lot  of  people  because  it   is currently number 1 on IMDb's Top 250, with a rating of 9.2.
     On  the  video  I  shared  below , you   can  watch  the  speech  between   Red  and  Andy. In  this  speech, Andy  tells  Red  of  his dream of  living  in  Zihuatanejo, a  Mexican  Pacific  coastal  town, and setting  up  a  hotel  with  boat  rides  for  his  customers. While Red shrugs  it off  as  unrealistic, Andy instructs him, should  he ever be freed, to visit a specific hayfield near  Buxton  to retrieve  a  package.

No comments:

Post a Comment